Monday, October 17, 2011

Positive Posters

This year i entered positive posters for the first time. Positive Posters is a competition that is based around bring positive ideas forward through the format of an A3 Poster. When i was thinking about what type of poster i wanted to do i thought about the posters that i love to see and the issues that have been presented to me the best. There was an infographic in a magazine a few months ago that really caught my eye. It was a series of blocks of colour with some writing in each box. each box (all different sizes) represented proportionally the amount of money that is spent on all these different things and some show what it would cost to provide clean water to everyone who doesnt have it and so on. To me this was one of the best i've seen so i decided to make it simpler and more to one point. I decided to do mine in black and white and only have one comparison.


I loved doing this little side project that took my mind away from busy Brighton Bay. It let me choose a topic i was interested in and made me portray a message as best i could. I hope to do many more of these posters and one day win a competition. I think it is necessary to be able to bring a strong issue to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment