Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Vienna Exhibition

I went to the vienna exhibition for my dad and I's birthday. I went in not knowing what to expect because i hadn't really heard much about it other than i must go and see it. When i got inside i loved it. Then again it's like most exhibitions i go to. It is always a thrill to go and see an exhibition because they are just rooms of inspiration. You get to see what other people are thinking and how in the many ways they are expressing themselves, in the past in present!

The main works that stood out for me were the orange and magenta pattern works. I had never really seen these two colours work so well together but when i saw this i immediately had ideas running through my head. There were two that had used these colours but the one that worked the best used a lot more orange than magenta.

Since seeing this exhibition i have been working on a half drop repeat pattern brief in class, i have chosen to use orange and magenta and i feel it is again quite successful!

Here i have worked this oranges to create certain shapes, after repeating them and layering them up i came up with this! The pattern was quite flat before i added in the background comprised of layered up leaves. The diagonally orientated orange segments are counter balanced by the grid placed halved oranges. I have chosen to use numerous grey tones to really bring forward these two colours i now love.

No comments:

Post a Comment