Thursday, March 17, 2011

Daryl Feril

In my eyes this design by Daryl Feril is amazing. I love portraiture and this is no exception. The lines that make up this face are located to perfection. There are different thicknesses and different shades. I like these designs done on the computer because there is a lot of skill behind this rather than just clicking a filter on Photoshop.
I think he would have gone through many colours for the background but settled on yellow, he may have been fond of this because of the general aesthetics or maybe because it symbolised something to do with the subject.
I don't like the way his head seems to be floating especially to the left of the work. I think white needed to be added to the shoulders and/or the neck region.

He has captured this man as someone who is in deep thought and is quite content with his surroundings, he seems so peaceful and happy even though he has no distinct expression. Also the sharp lines make it look like he has been through a lot in his life and even though they aren't likely to be scars it gives you the impression that the contours are sharp and permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment